Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

211 Mont Cassel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
219 Eibert

211 Mont Cassel Empty
PostSubject: 211 Mont Cassel   211 Mont Cassel Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 am

Does anyone knows the % of the small pedestrian road from the city plaza to the viewpoint on the top?

I took this road to avoid some more cobbles. It started easy, but soon steepened and ended up even steeper on a terrible cobble/dirt section. At that point you had 2 options, of which both seemed equally worse to me. I choosed the left path.

I don't know the name of this road, as it is not shown on the map. So I drawed it. (perhaps Terasse du Chateau?).

When I draw this route on bikely it suggest this ramp is 35% over 20 meters. At least I was happy to make it to the top, and would have increased my speed on the tarmac if I had known.

Also as it's not part of the official routes to the top I can't get the exact % from those.
211 Mont Cassel Montcassel
Back to top Go down
andyou111

211 Mont Cassel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 211 Mont Cassel   211 Mont Cassel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:44 am

I took this road to avoid some more cobbles. It started easy, but soon steepened and ended up even steeper on a terrible cobble/dirt section. At that point you had 2 options, of which both seemed equally worse to me. I choosed the left path.
Back to top Go down

211 Mont Cassel
Page 1 of 1