Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UK meeting 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KevinSpeed

UK meeting 2010 Empty
PostSubject: UK meeting 2010   UK meeting 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:14 pm

This mail is especially for my UK BIG compatriots - but even to Holland, Belgium etc if you can travel -
In the next few weeks I intend having two seperate weekends to cycle the paases we are going to climb in England. One weekend I will cycle the Lake District passes and the North Pennine passes exactly as we plan on our first two days when we meet. I'll also stay at Ambleside youth hostel on a Friday and Saturday night then drive home from Kettlewell.
Another weekend I will drive to Keighley and cycle the passes of our final 2 days finishing at Castleton and stay at the hostel there on the Saturday night only as it isn't too far from where I live.
I will do a reconnaissance of the hostels so would like to know from those who are coming to England if you have any questions for me to ask at the hostels - and any questions you might want to ask me about the route - and possibly before I ride so that I can check out any queries you have before I ride the route.
One other question - to all of you - especially UK members - would you like to join me on one or both weekends. Exact weekend dates yet to be decided but it must be one of the following Saturdays:
10/4, 17/4, 24/4, 1/5
You have a choice and the majority wins! I need to know within the next two weeks for arranging my own accommodation
It would be great to meet some of you - and what are you doing about the BIG Day on 21st March. Do you also intend to ride with me that day? I will start from Chapel en le Frith and arrive before 12.00 noon at Mam Tor for the photos. I need somebody with the facility to email photos from the summit to the Belgian co-ordinator. Perhaps we also go down to Edale and climb back up the other, tougher side of the BIG
I wait to hear from you !
Kevin
Back to top Go down

UK meeting 2010
Page 1 of 1