Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinSpeed

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Empty
PostSubject: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:52 pm

Good afternoon!
This is a message to all British and Irish members of the BIG.
That is : Edwin Clements, Alan Wood, Nigel Lewin, David Linehan, Stuart MacCorkell, Paul Feather, Nick Jarvis and Martin Bansey
Hopefully you all see this message in the forum as I've no idea how to contact you by email. I've just found the time to join the forum. Hopefully you will too - or already have.
Just to let you know I am going to the annual get together of the BIG in April 2008 that's taking place near Lille on a long weekend and includes 2 days riding of 10 of the listed climbs. Are any of you going?
It would be good to meet you all or some of you. If you aren't attending do you want me to to take anything forward at their annual meet? Your opportunity to use me as your rep.
Otherwise it really would be good to meet up with you beforehand. I live in Cheshire but also don't mind travelling. (My score in the BIG is proof enough of that! ) Either mail me direct on kevinandruth@speed3146.fsnet.co.uk or mail me through the forum.
I'm open to any ideas. Maybe we could have a cycling weekend together or even just for a day to put forward ideas as the British / Irish contingent
Yours - and happy new year to you all!
Kevin sunny
Back to top Go down
Stevo1

PostSubject: UK members   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi Kevin - I'm a new member, based in Liverpool. I've only done 5 bigs to date and have the goal of doing all BIG's in Northern England and North Wales by the end of the year. I'm stunned by your BIG count! Shocked

I wonder how many years has it taken to accumulate such a haul?

Mark
Back to top Go down
KevinSpeed

PostSubject: Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:46 am

Mark
Good evening! good to hear from you.
I might have done many climbs but I've taken a lot of time to amass 398 - plus 10 last week at the rendezvous in Belgium - 408 - but it's taken me 30 years !
I've only been in the BIG club since 2001 when Mario Labelle of the OCD (Ordre des Col Durs) suggested I join it. I had already by then cycled most of the serious climbs in the Alps.
Joining the BIG has opened up a lot more interesting climbs to me that I didn't know about, many away from main tourist routes that I probably wouldn't have visited but there's some real gems out there.
The 2010 rendezvous (end of May) will be in England climbing Lake District, Pennine and Peak District BIGS so hope you can join us. Meanwhile if you want to know any first hand information on our BIGS as well those in Europe I've visited please ask me.
Take a look at the BIG website for details on the recent meet. England 2010 will be in there soon as I'm going to post details. Wheely yours. Kevin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stevo1

PostSubject: Rendezvous   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Thanks Kevin - I don't know much about the rendezvous but I'd love to attend if I can - although have a sportive in Ruthin end May.
Back to top Go down
Mauro

PostSubject: lakes   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi Kevin
my name is Mauro Repetti from Italy - member 718
I have seen the program of 2010 BIG RDV in the lake District
I CANT WAIT !!!
as you can see in the Forum and in my page my son and I are just come back from the Lakes where we have climbed Whinlatter, Wrynose and Hard Knott passes....wonderful wondeful wonderful...I have not other words for to explain how beautiful is the place!!
Unfortunately we had only 2 days holidays and we have been able to climb "only" these 3 passes....
I think to go in Sion next August, and if you will be there, we could speak about....
ciao ciao
Mauro
Back to top Go down
KevinSpeed

PostSubject: England rendezvous 2010   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:46 am

Mauro
Good to hear from you. I would very much like to go to Sion in August but having been to the Flanders rendezvous this year and taking 19 days cycling in Spain in Mid June I would be pushing my luck with family to go to Switzerland ! Hopefully I will be at the 2009 rendezvous in Germany. see you there?
Regards
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
Page 1 of 1