Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld

Go down 
3 posters

Kehlstein or Rossfeld
Kehlstein
Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Poll_left100%Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Poll_right
 100% [ 3 ]
Rossfeld
Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Poll_left0%Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Empty
PostSubject: Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld   Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:28 am

Kehlstein is higher but seems to be forbidden with a barreer and police controls. Rossfeld is just nearby, lower. Kehlstein is the highest surfaced road in Germany with Hitler's bunker. Rossfeld is just a pass but allowed, authorized and well surfaced. A surfaced path seems to lay on the other side of Kehlstein. In our list, Kehlstein and Rossfeld stayed one after the other with the number 200. Which one do you prefer ?
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

PostSubject: Re: Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld   Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:45 am

I went to Kehlstein a few years ago. I climb via the forbidden road. No problem. I ride down on the other side on a well surfaced path (1 or 1,5m width) to the Rossfeld road. You can climb it via this path.
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream
wim van els

PostSubject: Re: Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld   Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:50 pm

In 2004 I climbed Kehlstein and Rossfeld. I found a road to the Eagels Nest on Kehlstein where I din't see any sign that it was fordidden. I went up Rossfeld and saw a small indication for a narrow road. After I passed the forbidden road, and even after passing the "maut" station I took a narrow road on the right side. This road was not paved but only 1 km and nearly flat. Afterwards there was a wide road. Probably the forbidden one but at that point there were no signs. Soon I turned left, a quiet and narrow, good paved road. I guess the same road Etienne mentioned.
I climbed about 1200 meter in 12 km, including 2 flat km.
Most off the time you ride throug the forest (not on Rosfeld), it is not very scenery, but however, you really bike up to Hitlers Eagels Nest.
This climb is not so beautifull, not so heigh and by far not so hard as the Nebelhorn. But it surely is the nr. 2 in Germany.

Wim van Els
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld   Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kehlstein or/of/oder Rossfeld
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: zones BIG :: zone 04-
Jump to: