Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

"double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m) Empty
PostSubject: "double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m)   "double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm

When I realized that it can happen that someone can get the level of IRONBIG with only ca. 4 hours of cycling (while others choosing a serious climb has to climb75 hours in a year and more than 20000 m heightdifference) I decided to do a "double IRONBIG" at Pannonhalma to express my opinion that getting an IRONBIG for 1650m heightdifference is a "joke" (sorry, but my opinion is that) and isn't similar performance than those performence with 50-70 hours of climbing for 1 IRONBIG title. I think for an IRONBIG there should be a minimum heightdiff level (for example 3000 m) if it is 1 day version. )
On 16th JUne 2012 I cycled 202 kms + 6592 m heightdifference by my touringbike to show a really manful performance.
The video shows the history of this day (with Vili who did 25 climbs) from sunset to the night, to my heightdifference record Smile

Best regards: Gabor
Back to top Go down
http://www.gyorgyigabor.hu
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

"double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m) Empty
PostSubject: Re: "double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m)   "double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:32 pm

gyorgyigabor wrote:
When I realized that it can happen that someone can get the level of IRONBIG with only ca. 4 hours of cycling (while others choosing a serious climb has to climb75 hours in a year and more than 20000 m heightdifference) I decided to do a "double IRONBIG" at Pannonhalma to express my opinion that getting an IRONBIG for 1650m heightdifference is a "joke" (sorry, but my opinion is that) and isn't similar performance than those performence with 50-70 hours of climbing for 1 IRONBIG title. I think for an IRONBIG there should be a minimum heightdiff level (for example 3000 m) if it is 1 day version. )
On 16th JUne 2012 I cycled 202 kms + 6592 m heightdifference by my touringbike to show a really manful performance.

Best regards: Gabor

It is sometimes harder to climb 25 times the same BIG in a day then in a year !
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream

"double" IRONBIG on Pannonhalma (202 km + 6592 m)
Page 1 of 1