Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPS routes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RolfMank

GPS routes Empty
PostSubject: GPS routes   GPS routes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Dear BIGgers,

Being ill in bed I have time to think about new cycling trips Smile . And had finally time to read the new review 2011

I wonder whether there are ways to upload / download GPS tracks of the BIGs at our website. I thinks this would be a good option (paying members only?). Sometimes it's hard work to find the route although we have the GPS starting point and summit. If I read how often it went wrong at the Nebelhorn I am sure I would want to know the correct route upfront .... otherwise I am sure I won't make it tot the top at all.

I found at http://www.routeyou.com/group/view/4842/challenge-big.nl at least some GPS routes for some of the Dutch and Belgium climbs. I like these routes because these link several BIGs per region. When there are more BIGs within cycling distance (and can be done within a day) I would like to combine them, and if possible without intermediate use of other transport than a bike.

In addition to these I can add routes combining some of the Brittanie/Breton climbs (202-203-204 in 100km), the west and french flemish hills (211-212-111-112), some of the hills in Luxembourg. I am sure there are many more of these 'round trips' that of interest of many people. Or am I the only one?

So my questions are:

[1 ]Do we have space on the website to upload/download routes (with single BIGs or better some BIGs).

[2 ]If yes, please tell me where cause then I missed it (sorry).

[3 ]If no: do we want it?

I will otherwise upload my routes to the site mentioned above; it is linked to the Challenge BIG and is open for the public.

By the way; I am looking myself for GPS routes for the vosges / vogezen and schwarzwald regions. So if you any info please let me know.

Rolf Mank
Back to top Go down
Tigris

Tigris

GPS routes Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS routes   GPS routes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:50 pm

I support,

Traces of routes could be on the site, if possible.

Navigation and GPS is the future, many of us already use it.

I also
Back to top Go down
http://www.tigrisunion.com
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

GPS routes Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS routes   GPS routes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi,
It's in the plans.
If you look at the greens menus , there is one called "tracks" where we plan to include the GPS tracks.
One of the last news advice you that our webmaster has six current topics to fix during the coming weeks.
In the second part of this work, he will fix this topic with the GPS tracks, but we have to give some priorities, I think that you understand it...
Good evolution for your illness (I'm also wounded currently with a plaster for still one month at least...)
Regards
Dan.
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Thorgaldeporgal

GPS routes Empty
PostSubject: GPS tracks   GPS routes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:50 am

I joined the CB family this year and did 21 (with the Ventoux).
I cycle always with a Garmin Edge so I support the wish to have GPS tracks on the site.
For the current 21 I did this year I have the tracks available.

Here is my offer. If it is possible to upload/download the tracks to and from the site I am willing in helping making the tracks.
I am using Mapsource as the program to build the tracks.

Regards, a happy new Big Challenge member (Reint)
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

GPS routes Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS routes   GPS routes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 am

Hi, Thorgal...
thanks a lot for your suggestion of help.
We have currently all the GPS tracks noted in the goal to have the blue line showing the routes from bottom to tops of each of our BIGs.
This list can be available under text.txt if you want.
Can it be of any help for you to begin this work ?
Normally, marnix.van.hecke@telenet.be can halp you too and you can work on this together.
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

GPS routes Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS routes   GPS routes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPS routes
Page 1 of 1