Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

710 Passo delle Erbe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GoranS

710 Passo delle Erbe Empty
PostSubject: 710 Passo delle Erbe   710 Passo delle Erbe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Just thought I should provide some information regarding the ascent to Passo delle Erbe from Chiusa/Klausen:

The downhill section of the road after Gudon is closed currently to road traffic due to a restoration of the road. There is one barrier blocking the road quite early on in the downhill section and another one just before road reaches the main road and starts going uphill again. It is possible to pass the two barriers by climbing over the railings on the side of the road. The first one is easily negotiated, but the second I think would be somewhat difficult to negotiate alone. However, when I did it, I had a friend with me and he first climbed past the barrier, then I passed him the bikes, and finally I climbed past the barrier myself.

I have no information regarding when the road will be opened again. However, the work needed to restore the road seemed like it could be carried out quite easily as there was only a very short section where about half the road had slid down the valley. However, the road is not a large one and may not be given the highest of priority.
Back to top Go down
eyeless

eyeless

710 Passo delle Erbe Empty
PostSubject: Re: 710 Passo delle Erbe   710 Passo delle Erbe Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Ciao,

I was planning to take the road over Gudon, but was in a hurry to get to Chiusa/Klausen and the road straight down was fine on July 26th. Seems I was lucky there ... .

It was suggested that the road from Longega/Zwischenwasser via Rina/Rü was closed, but after passing by some road work it is a very nice climb partly on newly asphalted road. (This should also be the hardest side to climb up to the Börz/Erbe/Würz pass.

/Jerry

GoranS wrote:
Just thought I should provide some information regarding the ascent to Passo delle Erbe from Chiusa/Klausen:

The downhill section of the road after Gudon is closed currently to road traffic due to a restoration of the road. There is one barrier blocking the road quite early on in the downhill section and another one just before road reaches the main road and starts going uphill again. It is possible to pass the two barriers by climbing over the railings on the side of the road. The first one is easily negotiated, but the second I think would be somewhat difficult to negotiate alone. However, when I did it, I had a friend with me and he first climbed past the barrier, then I passed him the bikes, and finally I climbed past the barrier myself.

I have no information regarding when the road will be opened again. However, the work needed to restore the road seemed like it could be carried out quite easily as there was only a very short section where about half the road had slid down the valley. However, the road is not a large one and may not be given the highest of priority.
Back to top Go down
http://cycloclimbing.com

710 Passo delle Erbe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: zones BIG :: zone 09-
Jump to: