Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

699 - Val Senales

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GoranS

699 - Val Senales Empty
PostSubject: 699 - Val Senales   699 - Val Senales Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:35 am

I have been looking at both a road atlas and at satellite images of the climb up Val Senales, and there seems to be a tunnel between the foot of the climb and the village Rattisio Vecchio (closer to the village than the foot of the climb). It appears to be 200-300 meters long. My concern is that there is a bend in the section that appears to be a tunnel and this could make it quite dark.

If there is anyone who has done this climb and knows whether it in fact is a tunnel and not just a gallery, I would be very grateful for the information. Also, if it indeed is a tunnel, would it be safe to ride it without lights or would you recommend me to mount lights on my bike before attempting it? If I can do without it without jeopardizing my safety, it would be nice. However, I much rather put on some lights than risk being run over inside a tunnel because the driver of a car does not see me.
Back to top Go down
wim van els

699 - Val Senales Empty
PostSubject: Re: 699 - Val Senales   699 - Val Senales Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:52 pm

At the beginning of the climb there is a pretty long tunnel. It is good lighted and there is not too much traffic. I have seen worse. I have learned to do what the local cyclist do when there is a tunnel. Just cycle through it. I never heard about accidents with cyclists in a tunnel, I supose people in a car keep there eyes on the road and are more carefull in tunnels.
For example towards col de Nivolet there is a tunnel 3,5 km long, steep and not to good lighted.
You always have to be carefull and keep right in spite of the rubish on the road.
Back to top Go down
GoranS

699 - Val Senales Empty
PostSubject: Re: 699 - Val Senales   699 - Val Senales Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks for the information about the lighting. Perhaps I'll then skip the lights and just go for a white jersey and some caution.

By the way, after posting the question, I did see the tunnel at the beginning of the climb on Google maps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

699 - Val Senales Empty
PostSubject: Re: 699 - Val Senales   699 - Val Senales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

699 - Val Senales
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: zones BIG :: zone 09-
Jump to: