Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missing climbs in Slovakia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

Missing climbs in Slovakia Empty
PostSubject: Missing climbs in Slovakia   Missing climbs in Slovakia Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:39 pm

What would be the best 10 missing climbs in Slovakia inside our current superlist, do you think ?
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
gabor kreicsi

gabor kreicsi

PostSubject: Re: Missing climbs in Slovakia   Missing climbs in Slovakia Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:03 am

Project list:
Sedlo Vabec (Lubovnianska) 766 m
Krl'ova Hol'a (Nizké Tatry) 1948 m
Sedlo Baba (Malé Kárpáty) 527 m
Slancevsko Sedlo (Zemplinsky Vrchy) 510 m
Sedlo Pod Prislopom (Belianska Tatry) 1081 m
Kohútka (Beskidy) 913 m
Popradske Pleso (Tatry) 1494 m)
Ruské Sedlo (Bukovsé Vrchy) 735 m
Back to top Go down
http://www.kreicsigabes.hu/
jajacek

PostSubject: More BIGs for Slovakia   Missing climbs in Slovakia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Slovakia certainly deserves more BIGs, especially when you compare climbs in Slovakia to some other, flatter countries. One excellent climb with very good surface and lots of turns and some hairpins is Kviacianske Sedlo close to Zuberec and Habovka where cyclists stay during last Tatras meeting. This is also one of the most beautiful climbs I came across in Slovakia. The views are magnificent.

NW side of the climb starts in Podbiel at the elevation of 562m and takes 22.2km to get to 1076m which is 532m diiference.
S side of the climb starts in Liptovska Sielnica (which is close to Liptovsky Mikulas) at the elevation of 571m and takes 14km to get to the top finishing at 1076m which is 514m difference.
Data according to bikeroutetoaster.com. On my paper map the top is at 1110m.
This climb also fulfills two conditions I suggested for BIGs, at least 500m difference and/or 10km long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing climbs in Slovakia   Missing climbs in Slovakia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing climbs in Slovakia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: zones BIG :: zone 10-
Jump to: