Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Romanian feedback

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gigi_nic

gigi_nic

Romanian feedback Empty
PostSubject: Romanian feedback   Romanian feedback Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am

On behalf of my friend Claudiu Moga:

I really agree with Gabor Gyorgyi, he explained everything very clearly.
I think the BIG members from eastern countries, we deserve more BIGs. in Romania there is the highest modernized road and pass from all the Balkan Peninsula (Urdele Pass 2145m) ( there are only a few km to modernize on this very scenic and interesting road from the Parang Mountains - Middle Charpatians. We also have many passes and climbs over 1500m and I know the toughest modernized climb in our country has an average gradient of 10% for 3 km and a maximum gradient of 20%. So it really deserves to enter the BIG list. I also think Romania should have at least 20 BIGs, considering the mountains we have, also Hungary should have at least 10 BIGs for it has many active BIG members but unfortunatelly not so high mountains, Slovakia in my opinion deserve to have at least 10 BIGs, Bulgaria at least 10, Slovenia deserves 10, too.
So please allow us to have more BIGs.

On my behalf, I'd like to add that even if now the easten countries are less modernized (regarding the roads) things are changing and it would be very much desirable to find a way to change certain things.
If the total number of BIGs is fixed to 1000, that change would mean the possibility to "move" a certain number of BIGs from a region to another.
I know it's not at all an easy task, but let's start with the beginning: establish very accurate rules to be obeyed in deciding how the BIGS are selected from the various climbs. If precise rules can be established, that would be no problem to "reshape" the european map of the BIGs.
Back to top Go down

Romanian feedback
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: Other topics / Divers :: B.I.G-challenge-
Jump to: