Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HERZOGENHORN OR FELDBERG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

HERZOGENHORN  OR FELDBERG Empty
PostSubject: HERZOGENHORN OR FELDBERG   HERZOGENHORN  OR FELDBERG Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Herzogenhorn or Feldberg. An olb problem in our list.
Previously, we had the Feldberg Pass (1233m) lower than those 2 mounts. Here down the mails from Arno De Vreng and Jean-Luc Matte about this problem :
"I am a bit confused about this one. The location of the BIG 173 on the google map gives the impression that the name should be Feldberg. Last week I tried to climb the Herzogenhorn with my racing bike but the last part of the road is unpaved and has a prohibitory sign. So I think it would make sense to change the name to Feldberg, which has a paved road all the way to the top and is a bit higher (in fact the highest elevation in the whole Schwarzwald) than the Herzogenhorn.

Cheers,
Arno"
am not absolutely sure as I didn't climb the Feldberg by bicycle, but I climbed it by foot (took some footpaths) and at least the last part was a paved road.
Also most of the photos people uploaded are from the Feldberg and not from the Herzogenhorn. And as I said, the summit icon on the Googlemaps map is very close to the location of the summit of the Feldberg (at 1493m).

If you climb from Todtnau you'll reach the Feldberg pass (1233 m as this photo shows: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/2114234545_1352b13cf0.jpg). Here you can choose:
- go right towards the Herzogenhorn (Herzogenhornstrasse), which gets until 13?? (maybe 1345) meters before becoming unpaved (maybe this picture: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2399/2114236351_c2302ed770.jpg)
- go a bit further straight and then turn left towards the Feldberg.
So both summits are on different sides of the Feldberg pass.

I hope this helps. Maybe you want to check it with other people who claim to have climb it.
BTW: I really love the whole BIG 1000 concept and site!

Warm regards, Arno"
je reviens juste de cette région ( j'y ai même rencontré dans la descende de Belchen Gilles et Alain Jacquemin ! Incroyable, il y a une semaine je ne les connaissais que par le site )

Effectivement, j'ai constaté que Alain avait mis des photos sur le site de Feldberg, mais le herzogenhorn se trouve de l'autre côté.
En partant du lac Titisee, quand on arrive au felberg passhohe, il faut prendre à gauche, c'est un chemin macadamisé jusqu'à un premier sommet.Là, il faut prendre à gauche, la route redescend,cela devient un chemin en terre carrossable jusqu'au restaurant.Ensuite le chemin est moins large toujours en terre il reste 1.5km (Pour le dernier km, le vtt serait mieux adapté, mais quand on veut, on peut!je sais que pour certain leur vélo c'est :bichonnage et pas une gratte!!! pour moi ce serait plutôt ça passe ou ça casse!!!)
je t'envoie tout ce que j'ai sur la montée ( photos,quand mon ordi sera réparé je peux t'envoyer le tracé et le dénivelé)

Bonne réception

Jean-Luc"
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com

HERZOGENHORN OR FELDBERG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: zones BIG :: zone 04-
Jump to: