Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New classifications

Go down 
+3
Wouter
gyorgyigabor
JJoya
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JJoya

New classifications Empty
PostSubject: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:34 pm

It would be possible buildup of secondary classifications, in the same way as happens in the Tour de France ... Razz
For example, young, nationality, classification area ...
I hope answers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 pm

IT has reality, but first maybe it could be in charts, so
more charts could appear in that section ? :-)

The main classification is which now exists. Do you think that based on other classifications should be dilomas etc given, or only statistics and a list , chart ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gyorgyigabor.hu
Wouter

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:17 am

If you have any ideas for charts, let us know. Everything is in a database so we could make many charts.

Other classifications are also possible. Its even possible to make a classification about the most popular member (whose profile has been visited the most) or the most social member (who has visited the most profiles). Who's most online...
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 am

In the annual review, I often praticed to show
the top 10 per country (when there are at least 10 members). I agree a classification per country.
the top of the year : I think it would be very very useful to have all along the year (it will be a battle field :-) those who have climbed the more BIgs since the 1st of january.
We can also have the number of BIGs outside his own country, the more regular, ...
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
JJoya

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:57 pm

daniel gobert wrote:
In the annual review, I often praticed to show
the top 10 per country (when there are at least 10 members). I agree a classification per country.
the top of the year : I think it would be very very useful to have all along the year (it will be a battle field :-) those who have climbed the more BIgs since the 1st of january.
We can also have the number of BIGs outside his own country, the more regular, ...

I think all these top clasifications are a good idea, and moreover, I think that encourage members to climb news BIGs.
I hope it takes place bounce
Back to top Go down
Wouter

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 pm

What other classifications do you prefer?

*country (classification of the members IN a certain country)
*country (as country)
Back to top Go down
knuifje

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:52 am

It would be more than interesting to establish an overall classification based on Europoints (for those members who have inserted data about the side(s) of the BIG climbed). It probably will lead to quite some changes in the ranking compared to the classification based on total number of BIGs claimed......
Back to top Go down
Wouter

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:44 pm

knuifje wrote:
It would be more than interesting to establish an overall classification based on Europoints (for those members who have inserted data about the side(s) of the BIG climbed). It probably will lead to quite some changes in the ranking compared to the classification based on total number of BIGs claimed......
For the europoints I have to take a look how I could do this without heavy server loads.

For every record in the claimsdatabase, 47447 rows at the moment a look into the side-string, a lookup for the europoints and then a calculation. Could do this not-live (a delay of lets say 2-3 hours). Then I could spread the server load...

Now... a couple of new classifications are online:
http://www.challenge-big.eu/members/classification.htm
Back to top Go down
joostov

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Wouter wrote:

Now... a couple of new classifications are online:
http://www.challenge-big.eu/members/classification.htm

Nice & Interesting!

Strange things to see: François Candau climbing 3 1500m cols in the Hautes-Pyrénées in mid-winter and what's the story about the Jacquemin family? They have two 14 year old boys that have climbed over 100 bigs over the whole continent including the climbs like the Galibier, Ventoux, Alpe d'Huez and Tourmalet!?
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 7:10 pm

François will explain himself his pyrenean adventure but I can tell for the Jacquemin family. When the boys were young, they rode with their father Dominique each summer during two monthsof holidays all the BIG climbs.
They were in the head of the classification in those periods. Like teenagers, they let the challenge fall to be busy with something other :-).
But now (they are over 20 years old) just like their father, they are back.
Back to top Go down
Wouter

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 2:02 am

daniel gobert wrote:
François will explain himself his pyrenean adventure but I can tell for the Jacquemin family. When the boys were young, they rode with their father Dominique each summer during two monthsof holidays all the BIG climbs.
They were in the head of the classification in those periods. Like teenagers, they let the challenge fall to be busy with something other :-).
But now (they are over 20 years old) just like their father, they are back.
hé, not all of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Strange things to see   New classifications Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Dear Joost no name,

I am sorry to answer you so lately. I did not notice you had some doubt about my probity two years ago. Since I did not benefit from President's defence, I will justify myself. Yes, I have ridden many Bigs in Pyrénées in winter since I have a friend living in Lourdes. In winter 2008, I have climbed in the same day Col de Peyresourde and Col d'Azet. I remember it was a very cold day. I don't see anything extraordinary in such a performance since both roads are leading to ski resorts, just like Hautacam or Superbagnères that everybody can climb at the same period. I suggest you read this BIG newsletter : http://danielgobert.free.fr/newsletters/BIG0107_uk.pdf. The chapter "About a Big" is precisely about climbing Bigs in winter (and in Pyrénées too). If you still have doubts, I can send you many pictures of these two climbs that I have taken and kept for another About a Big chapter. Do not hesitate to ask for it.

François Candau
Back to top Go down
joostov

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Now doubts here, just great respect!
In that period the new classifications per age group an current year came available. By browsing the classifications I stumbled upon the extraordinary results of the Jacqemin family and your climbs mid-winter. I was curious if there might be an interesting story behind them, so I posted it on the forum.
I never doubted anyones claims. We are here to climb mountains, not to question each other.
Sorry if I made you get the wrong idea.
Keep climbing!

Greetings, Joost #604
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:50 am

And sorry not to have defended you at this time. There was never half a doubt in my head about your performance, dear François.
Everything is clear now. We are just friends with the same passion, not judges of what the other ones are riding.
And what some of you already made is terribly amazing, but amzing in the good sense because, it's fantastic.
Congratulations of course !
And thank you, Joostov to have answered clearly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New classifications   New classifications Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New classifications
Page 1 of 1