Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eyeless

eyeless

744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Empty
PostSubject: 744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa   744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:10 am

Hello,
Anyone who knows about the road up from BIG 744 - Rifugio Alpo over to Magasa ? The satellite photos shows the road, but as nearly always one cannot determine the quality of the road -- if it is possible with a race bike or not. /Jerry
Back to top Go down
http://cycloclimbing.com
Henry

Henry

PostSubject: Re: 744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa   744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:02 pm

The road that gives Ponte Caffaro leads to Rifugio Alpo is all asphalted and it very well makes for race bike. I l' I have made 22 October 2008

La strada che da Ponte caffaro sale a Rifugio Alpo è tutta asfaltata e si fa benissimo con la bici da corsa, io l'ho fatta il 22 ottobre 2008
Back to top Go down
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=JF3LAHDM/
eyeless

eyeless

PostSubject: Re: 744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa   744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Henry,

Yes, I know the road TO Rifugio Alpo is fine with a race bike, but I was wondering about the continuation over the pass to Magasa -- I can see a gravel road over there on Google maps, but it may only be a bad jeep road -- one cannot make it out on the satellite photos ... . /Jerry
Back to top Go down
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

PostSubject: Alpo- Magasa   744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 pm

I reached Rifugio Alpo which does not exist any more. There is tiny village and the road becomes unsurfaced. At the crossroad if you turn left you reach in about 500 m a Malga (this was my endpoint). I spoke at the crossroad with MTBerks. You can go to Bocca di Cablone and then Magasa. I read in the Internet (Italian language) that the road becomes gravel at the pass.
After reading your adventures I think you can try this road.

Gabriele
Back to top Go down
eyeless

eyeless

PostSubject: Re: 744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa   744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 am

gbrunetti wrote:
I reached Rifugio Alpo which does not exist any more. There is tiny village and the road becomes unsurfaced. At the crossroad if you turn left you reach in about 500 m a Malga (this was my endpoint). I spoke at the crossroad with MTBerks. You can go to Bocca di Cablone and then Magasa. I read in the Internet (Italian language) that the road becomes gravel at the pass.
After reading your adventures I think you can try this road.

Gabriele

Interesting, thanks! I find a lot of info when searching on Bocca di Cablone, but no one ever seems to have used the road down to Magasa (it is as if it doesn't exists -- people just follow blindly the tourist routes recommended ...).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa   744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

744 - Rifugio Alpo to Magasa
Page 1 of 1