Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sardinia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

Sardinia Empty
PostSubject: Sardinia   Sardinia Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 3:39 am

Ard Oostra went in Sardinia recently . he wrote :
"Concerning the 6 Sardinian BIGS, I have the opinion that they are not all of the same quality. I would classify them as follows:

1) Balistreri/Monte Limbara : the best BIG in sardinia, nice scenery, long and tough climb especially last 10kms
2)3)4) Massiennera / Genna Silana / Arcu Correboi
5) Monte Spada : I had to think about the discussion among the GIO's a few weeks ago, about Arcu Correboi and M Spada being too close to each other. I dont think that is the problem because it is possible to climb both of them from a different starting point. The problem is more related to the quality of the climb: Arcu Correboi is worth the invested energy of climbing it, but Monte Spada has in my eyes absolutely no interest: the climb is relatively easy, the scenery is not really beautiful and most important of all: the Monte Spada Sporting club hotel near the summit is completely abandoned and ruined. Together with a whole lot of other buildings in ruins along the road (typical for the interior of Sardinia) not really a pleasant experience.
6) Serpeddi : The last 6 kms of this climb are steep unpaved road: very rocky surface and when wet it becomes really muddy. Not really fun. Since I was with my racing bike i had to walk quite a few times. According to me the only point of interest of this BIG is the panoramic view over the southern part of the island (Cagliari, the coastline and mountain ranges). Could you perhaps tell me who else has climbed Serpeddi? It would be interesting to share experiences!

So, if sometime in future BIGS in Sardinia have to be deleted or changed, I would suggest Serpeddi and Monte Spada."
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

Sardinia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardinia   Sardinia Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 11:48 am

I went to Pico Serpeddi in 1991 and 1992. I just remember that there was a good road until Burcei. In the village, it was difficult for us to find the right way. We have to ask. Some kilometers after the village there were no more asfalt, the road were like russian hills with some steep parts.
We did it in july with splendid sun and no problem of mud and on a race bicycle.
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream
bluesbiker

Sardinia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardinia   Sardinia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:55 pm

In Augoust 2005, it was imposible to ride there with a road bike, No

I climbed Genna Silana, Arcu Correboi,Monte Spada and Monte Limbara/Balestrieri.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sardinia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sardinia   Sardinia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sardinia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: zones BIG :: zone 09-
Jump to: