Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slovakia - an outstanding free GPS map for ROAD cyclists :-)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
michalk

Slovakia - an outstanding free GPS map for ROAD cyclists :-) Empty
PostSubject: Slovakia - an outstanding free GPS map for ROAD cyclists :-)   Slovakia - an outstanding free GPS map for ROAD cyclists :-) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 5:36 pm

BIG is mostly road adventure. I realised that Slovakia has an excellent proposition for GPS users on their race bicycles - nice and high tuned map of Slovakia

http://openmaps.eu/

It has most of Slovakian asphalts and good gravels. All the highest (1200 m+) roads are perhaps included but some minor tarmacs like Sitno are not marked. Anyway it is a MILESTONE in free gps map of Slovakia. The real advantage of this map is a detailed set of altitude lines and autoroute navigation supply. It means that you can generate in just few seconds the altitude profile of every road marked on this map. Of course, if you compare the output with real data collected in terrain (like my webpage) there are some differents but never mind. Get it free and play :-)
Back to top Go down

Slovakia - an outstanding free GPS map for ROAD cyclists :-)
Page 1 of 1