Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Empty
PostSubject: analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges   analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:34 pm

As an analyst I made one about what the members needed to achieve an IRONBIG title:

Up to now there are 115 IRONBIGs / godfathers.
The 25 climbs of the most serious cyclists (for example: Mauro, Roger Sala, and 2 romanian guys) means 30000-31000 europoints.
Counting them in heightdifferences they needed to ascend 31500-39875 m heightdifference to have ONLY 1 IRONBIG !!

There are others, who have 3-4 IRONBIGs, but much less heightdifferences and needed only 3-4 days for it, not 20-25 days.
There is an example who acheieved 3 IRONBIGs with only climbing 7700m heightdifference or 10275m.

By Mauro or Roger so much heightdifference is enough for only 5 climbs. So while one achieved 3 IRONBIGs, the other - with the same effort achieved only 1/5 IRONBIG.

The averages:
The godfather's climbs average europoint value is 306 and the avg heightdifference is 379 m.

52 of the 115 IRONBIGs are one day IRONBIG !!! (less then 200m heightdiff *25 in a day)

The hardest IRONBIGs:

Turó de l'Home - 1595 m heightdiff. - Roger Sala
Pasul Balea (Romania): 1400-1500m heightdiff. - 2 romanian guys
Mortirolo (from West the 2 ascents: 1220 - 1300m heightdifference - Mauro Repetti

The easiest ones and statistics.
Cauberg - only 1800m is enough for the 25 climbs.
Gulpenerberg : 1650m heightdiff. is enough for being a godfather.
Italiaanse Weg : 45 m heightdiff / climb, that means 25 climbs = 1125 m is enough for being a godfather. Less than 1 climb for Mauro or Roger or the romanian guys !!!
Koppenberg : max. 1625 m is enough for az IRONBIG title.
Mont Noir : 1700m is enough for being a godfather there.
Oude Huls (74-78m heightdiff / climb ) - 1950 m is enough totally.
Paterberg 45 m szint - 200m long 12-17%. here 1125 m heightdiff is enough for an IRONBIG title.
Waseberg: 1775m heightdifference is enough - this climb is for a short stretch 15%.

It would be funny to have / do a joke: spend few thousend HUF, travel there, spend there 7 days and acheieve 7 IRONBIGs and to be the BEST (But only on this ranking). But now the best has 4 IRONBIgs, so 5 days woudl be enough to be the "best".

If the ranking considered how much heightdifference or difficulty (europoint) the members needed to achieve the 25 climbs, the result would quite another.

This year, when I will do the IRONBIG on a short climb (Pannonhalma - 120 m heightdiff, with 10-12% stretches), I decided not to stop after 25 occasions, but keep on cycling and have a real serious day. That's my way of thinking about cycling and efforts, etc...

Gábor

Szvsz: ha szintekhez lenne kötve az elismerés (10000-20000-30000 m szint a BIGeken), az máshogy mutatna.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gyorgyigabor.hu
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

PostSubject: Re: analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges   analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:37 pm

analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Ironbi10
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges   analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Another calculation is also useful. Divide the difference of level by the number of days. Some have near 5000 meters a day with a climb with less than 200m. That's for me the most difficult ironbig to get. For example, Triple mur Monty and Raphael Coucke climbed re than 4000 meters from 7AM to 7PM with simply 75 times 100 meters with more than 20%. What an effort, no ? But yes, we know that we add pears and apples. Each one has to fight his own challenge against himself and the classement is just there to motivate the members. If I have to try Mortirolo 25 times a year, I have just to drive 50.000 km with the car to go there and back ;-)
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

PostSubject: Re: analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges   analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:14 am

Yes, that's true, that 4000-5000 m / day is a huge effort (and the result is 1 IRONBIG), but for example Mauro can't do the same: if he climbed Mortirolo 4 times a day (ca. 5200 m heightdiff) he wouldn't get the "title" IRONBIG, also others for 5200m / day get it. And if he collects the 25 Mortirolo with 6 days with 4 climbs each + 1, than he had 6 brutal day and only 1 IRONBIG.

I remember, when I read than one did IRONBIG with less than 1500m heightdifference--> that was the day when I thought: Oh, is it a joke ??? and than I decided : although I could be IRONBIG with ca. 3000m heightdiff at Pannonhalma, I would cycle there more than 5000m, which is the maximum for the 1 day version (2000 m *25).
My private opinion, that there should be minimum level of heightdifference to reach an IRONBIG title.

AS I wrote, for me not the number of IRONBIGs that shows who are the bests, but the real efforts, like Mauro's, Roger Sala's, etc. and not those who got 4 IRONBIgs with ca. 1500-2700m climbing each day. Everyíbody has his own opinion and "ranking". :-)

Best regards,
Gabor

daniel gobert wrote:
Another calculation is also useful. Divide the difference of level by the number of days. Some have near 5000 meters a day with a climb with less than 200m. That's for me the most difficult ironbig to get. For example, Triple mur Monty and Raphael Coucke climbed re than 4000 meters from 7AM to 7PM with simply 75 times 100 meters with more than 20%. What an effort, no ? But yes, we know that we add pears and apples. Each one has to fight his own challenge against himself and the classement is just there to motivate the members. If I have to try Mortirolo 25 times a year, I have just to drive 50.000 km with the car to go there and back ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges   analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

analysis about the efforts by the IRONBIG challenges
Page 1 of 1