Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

gravelled/muletiers

Go down 
+7
jean-luc matte
ernpanza
cyclodocus
Helmuth Dekkers
gabor kreicsi
gyorgyigabor
daniel gobert
11 posters

I agree with...if/Je suis d'accord avec...si
MTB even carrying bike/VTT même si portage
gravelled/muletiers Poll_left6%gravelled/muletiers Poll_right
 6% [ 2 ]
MTB without carrying bike/VTT sans portage
gravelled/muletiers Poll_left38%gravelled/muletiers Poll_right
 38% [ 12 ]
road-bike possible/vélo de route possible
gravelled/muletiers Poll_left47%gravelled/muletiers Poll_right
 47% [ 15 ]
no gravelled road/aucun muletier
gravelled/muletiers Poll_left9%gravelled/muletiers Poll_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

gravelled/muletiers Empty
PostSubject: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Do you find that gravelled paths have their places in our list of 1.000 BIGs ?
Pensez-vous que les sentiers muletiers ont leurs places dans notre liste des 1.000 BIGs ?
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:53 pm

For me it's OK, if on the gravel road I can bike by a touring bicycle, for example: Passo delle Finestre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gyorgyigabor.hu
gabor kreicsi

gabor kreicsi

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:26 pm

I have a roadbike and MTB too.

If I know on my next tour have some cols with a gravel envelope I will choose my MTB.
Sometimes -when I ride with roadbike - I find a surprise gravel road I pass and go down very slowly.

BIG-s from my list with gravel envelope (min 100 meters distance lenght):
- Poludniger Alm
- Hochwurzen
- Ehrwalderalm
- Sagalm
- Lammersdorfer Berg
- Bürgeralm
- Hocheck
- Ebenwaldhaus
- Przehyba
- Winterbergstrasse
Back to top Go down
http://www.kreicsigabes.hu/
Helmuth Dekkers

Helmuth Dekkers

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:10 am

Hi,
MTB even carrying bike: No, that's too much
MTB without carrying bike: Yes, nut only for a limited number of BIGs.
Road-bike possible: Yes, my preferred option.
No gravelled road: No, that's too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.phme-dekkers.demon.nl/
cyclodocus

cyclodocus

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:28 pm

s'il s'agit d'une route cyclable en VTT oui
dès que le 4x4 est obligatoire (rampe > 20% non goudronnée) : non
dès que c'est du sentier : non
mais si certains big non revêtus sont là, il faut les laisser (RB, Parpaillon)
il suffit de signaler les autres (comme le col nord des lacs au départ de la croix de fer MAGNIFIQUE au début de l'été)

If the raod may be cycled with a MTB : yes
if we do use 4x4 (>20% without tarmac) No
if it's a walkpath : no
but as Big are here, let them (RB, Parpaillon), we ust need to show the other near the big (as the col nord des lacs near la croix de fer, SUPERB at the beginning of summer time)
Back to top Go down
ernpanza

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:45 pm

I definitely vote in favour of MTB-rideable BIGs (no portaging, though!), as long as one knows it beforehand, so you can take the right bike with you. It is very disappointing to find out, while you are climbing with a road bike, that the pavement turns suddenly into a dirt-road: you have to give up, or in any case the fun is over! Dirt roads are definitely for MTBs. Even if you can climb a dirt road with a road-bike, you then have to come back down: with an MTB you can enjoy the descent, with a road-bike it can be agony! The Passacol is unfortunately containing errors as to the type of bike one should use and/or on the nature of the road. It happened to me recently with Colle di Garezzo (BIG 748, from the South) when, half-way up the climb the pavement turned into dirt, while the Passacol lists it as all-paved! Conclusions: we should do a better job in editing the Passacol.
Back to top Go down
jean-luc matte

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Etant donné que je suis un adepte du vtt en hiver, je ne suis pas opposé aux cols non revêtus, je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion d'en faire un, mais je suppose qu'il doit y faire plus calme que sur certains BIG.
D'autre part,ce serait peut-être bien que les personnes qui constatent que les renseignements donnés sur certains BIG ne correspondent pas à la réalité,en fassent profiter tout le monde.(pourquoi pas dans une rubrique réservée aux cols muletiers?)
Back to top Go down
eyeless

eyeless

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:11 am

Gravel roads are fine as long as they could be used with a race bike under good circumstances. That it is difficult should not be considered a problem in a club like this, I think. Not everyone has a mountainbike and if you live far from areas where these MTB/VTT climbs are you will have to choose to bring either the MTB or race bike and a MTB is a less good option for travelling far between different BIGs, unless one use the train or a car, but I do not believe one should have to get a driving license in order to bicycle (contrary to some). /Jerry
Back to top Go down
http://cycloclimbing.com
gillesjacquemin

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 pm

les muletiers ne me dérange pas.
par exemple je trouve que le col du parpaillon dans les Alpes est un B.I.G. formidable qui a tout a fait sa place dans ce challenge.
Par contre je trouve que porter son vélo est quelquechose de désagréable... Nous faisons un challenge de cyclistes et non de randonneurs... Smile
Back to top Go down
Hochuli

Hochuli

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Je ne suis pas favorable aux cols muletiers... Cycliste ne veut pas dire randonneur VTT...
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:10 pm

En principe, je rejoins le message de Cyclodocus: Pas de sentiers MTB! Si par contre, un passage n'est pas sur du Macadam parfait, cela ne devrait pas déranger trop...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gangolf.eu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gravelled/muletiers   gravelled/muletiers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gravelled/muletiers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: Other topics / Divers :: Sondages / Polls-
Jump to: