Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinSpeed

UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Empty
PostSubject: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:11 pm

May I suggest that we name a final date for any more amendments to be April 12th at the latest? I will then send them the final arrangement and request they invoice us for the revised total. Once I receive that invoice I will send it to Christian le Corre to know the amount required to pay the balance.

Please could you broadcast on the BIG website that the cut off date for any amendments or additional attendees - or cyclists who decide they don't now want to come to England must be Monday 12th April. I am going to Ambleside after work tomorrow and will stay two nights and cycle our first two days exactly as planned.
I want to say though that I'm a little troubled about the arrangement of including BIG number 84, Fleet Moss in the second day's cycling as it is a long way further south from BIG's 76, 77, 78. - Hartside, Westernhope Moor and Great Dun Fell. I suggest it may be better to cycle Fleet Moss on the way from Ambleside with car assistanceon the way on the 3rd day when we are only climbing BIG's 86 and 87, Ilkley Moor and Oxenhope Moor that are both close together. It would be possible to start from Ambleside, drivers let out cyclists at Hawes north of Fleet Moss, motorists drive over Fleet Moss and continue south while cyclists continue on to Halifax over BIG's 86 and 87. I presume the there will be car assistance from Halifax to Castleton? Each day also there should be shorter rides for the less adventurous. :

First day they could do the Honister and Whinlatter only from Ambleside and have time in Keswick then make there way back along an easy road to Ambleside. The second day they could climb Great Dun Fell only and wait in Penrith to join up with the others. The third day they could probably easily manage Cow& Calf/Ilkley Moor and Oxenhope Moor and spend time in Haworth, a recommended visit. The fourth day they could climb Mam Tor from Edale and through the Winnats Pass to Castleton and also visit the old road and see the landslide result that obliterated the road. These are just suggestions and a talking point for the website - I need people's opinions!

I intend climbing BIG's Hartside Cross, Great Dun Fell, Westernhope Moor AND Fleet Moss on Sunday just to see how long it takes (and for the pleasure and masochism!). In a few weeks I'll have another weekend and start with Fleet Moss as suggested originally and cycle over the remaining BIG's to Castleton, staying in Castleton one night - probably at the end of April.
I would be great to get a discussion going on the website to gauge overall opinions and listen to suggestions - but for now - after this evening I won't be looking at incoming mails until Sunday night., 11th April as I'm driving from home to Ambleside after work tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Recall of my personal choice (because I've already ridden many bigs in UK).

Arrival : 12/5 at 23 PM
1st day : everything with the group (Kirkstone, Wrynose, Hard Knott, Honister and a new one for me : Whinlatter)
2nd day : Hartside (already done) & Great Dun Fell (new for me) with the group; afterwards alone with my car in Scotland : Lowther Hill and Carter Bar (both new for me)
3rd day : Cow & Calf (already done) with the group (I can take one bike more and 1 person in the renting car), afterwards alone to Rosedale Abbey and I'll try to meet you again later in the day (but already done Fleet Moss and Oxenhope)
4th day : I'm going back to Belgium very soon in the morning ; I'll try to ride the 5 missing bigs in the west-southern part of England (2 in Wales , Cheddar Gorge, Chineway Hill, Exe Plain), but ferry is at 20 PM and the monday morning at school What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Normally : managements after dinner
13/05 : 21 PM president's speech
14/05 : 21 PM Big-Quizz
15/05 : 21 PM Debate about the challenge
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Jacquemin Dominique

Jacquemin Dominique

PostSubject: Re: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:34 am

Bonjour à tous

Je roule moins vite, moins fort et moins longtemps que la plupart des cyclos inscrits à ce long week-end.

Je compte donc rouler de mon côté quelques boucles seul avec ma femme.

1er jour : Keswick- BIG79 (seul big que ne n'ai pas encore fait!) - BIG 80 - Keswick 50 km + le BIG 83

2ème : BIG 78 -BIG 77- BIG 76 (avec assistance voiture)

3ème jour ;BIG 86 -BIG 87 (en deux petites boucles)

4 éme jour : Boucle BIG 88 - BIG 89

retour Bruxelles avec BIGMam TOR.

Mon Neveu Gilles lui roulera plus.

Je pars ce soir pour l'Ecosse pendant 9 jours.

Amitiés

Dominique Jacquemin et Dominique Vanstiphout
Back to top Go down
Mauro

PostSubject: Re: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 am

Hello,
Mauro Repetti and Luciano Cattaneo will start from Bergamo sunday 9 may with Ryanair to East Midlands (near Notthingham) with our bike bags.
Then we'll rent a car there.
Then we'll climb some BIGS in Wales and South England before join the meeting Wed evening (Gospel - Devil - Bwlch - LLanberis and Horseshoe).
Then we'll do the ENTIRE program until sunday 16, like Kevin will organise.
We'll have our rent-car, so we are able to drive and bike without problem.
We'll sleep in Castleton Hotel also the night of sunday 16 and we'll start from Liverpool airport monday 17 afternoon.
Saturday 15 may my son Alessandro (photograph) and Johanna Kovacs and his husband (from Coventry) will join the meeting.

ciao
Mauro Repetti
Back to top Go down
claudio

claudio

PostSubject: Re: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello,

The spanish army (Angel Lopez and me) will arrive to Liverpool on May 12th. The idea would be completing some BIGs among 97, 98 and 99 on 12th afternoon before reaching Ambleside.

About first stage on 13th. Maybe I'll regret this post climbing Hardknott on 13th, but now sitting on my chair I feel capable to do this:
http://www.fredwhittonchallenge.org.uk/index.php (the self guided tour)
It includes the foreseen 5 BIGs (and some other climbs...) in 180 km.
Uf, maybe taking it easy would be a stage to remember...
Would someone join?

About the rest of the stages we will do them with the group, and on sunday afternoon we fly back.
Back to top Go down
http://claudi.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed   UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK meeting 2010. URGENT. If you're going, comments needed
Page 1 of 1