Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible changes in Spain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
claudio

claudio

Possible changes in Spain Empty
PostSubject: Possible changes in Spain   Possible changes in Spain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Just a few suggestions for changes in Spain, always in the aim to get the best list:

453 Remolcador
Not steep, not mediatic, not touristic
Could be replaced by Desierto de Las Palmas/Monte Bartolo
www.altimetrias.net/aspbk/verPuerto.asp?id=402

466 Guadarrama
Could be replaced by Malagón-Abantos. Steep, and climbed several times in Vuelta a España.
www.terra.es/personal/cadcad/puertos/abantos.htm

474 Galilea
In Mallorca, not steep enough. Could be replaced by Carrascoy, in Murcia
www.altimetrias.net/aspbk/verPuerto.asp?id=251

486 Puerto Loba-La Mora
Could be considered touristic with views over Granada, but not really deserving to be a BIG. Far better the recently asphalted and terribly steep Peña Escrita.
http://www.geocities.com/veleta3398/puertos/escrita.jpg

482 Cascajares.
Already told in some BIG magazine that is no more interesting climb, many traffic and not very steep.
Could be replaced by Peñas Blancas-Refugio de Los Reales, climbed from Estepona, in Malaga.
www.altimetrias.net/aspbk/verPuerto.asp?id=315

484 Almaden
Not asphalted, not known,
Could be replaced by the mediatic and steep La Pandera.
www.altimetrias.net/aspbk/verPuerto.asp?id=510

For me there are still a few climbs in Spain deserving to be BIG climbs. I keep searching for a good replacement: El Redondal, La Covatilla, Pradell, Boi Taull, Mare de Deu del Mont...
Back to top Go down
http://claudi.blogspot.com/
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes in Spain   Possible changes in Spain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:28 pm

Since 2008, the changes must be claimed if they come in one of the 5 following points and with a complete file.
I understand very well those suggestions because they have the good aim to search the best list in each country, but we can't change too much because there will be some instability in our members'brains :-)

Well, 'm sure that a full file can be suggested for some of those ones, Claudi.
One of the 5 points says "if the new one is in the top5 of its region". Is there no climb suggested by you in this point.
And is there no climb in the old list having not appeared in a race since a long time to give the place to a ne "vuelta" climb ?
And finally, let's not forget the great goal of the challenge : the BALANCE between difficulty (of course), but also tourism and mediatic. The challenge must not show the 100 most difficult in Spain, but also some like Jaizkibel (media) or Gibraltar (tourism). Good luck in your research, hoping that more and more spanish members will take part in this forum to create the best list possible for this so beautiful country.
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes in Spain   Possible changes in Spain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:29 pm

en español, los 5 articolos :
1.1. [TRÁFICO] Demasiado tráfico sobre todo el versants accesible (es decir una vía a mínimo 4 fajas)

1.2. [IMPRACTICABILIDAD] Obligación de andar y de apoyarse la bicicleta ( y la MTB) en todo el versants accesible (exceptuados los trabajos en curso)

1.3. [PÉRDIDA POPULAR] Tener como sólo característica incitativa ser "popular " y más formar parte de esta carrera mediatizada después a - menos 5 años

1.4. [COMPETENCIA DE DIFICULTAD] Tener como sólo característica incitativa estar en top5 en Europuntos de las dificultades totalmente revestidas de su país o de su cadena de montaña y encontrarse confrontada con el nacimiento reciente de top1 del mismo tipo.

1.5. [COMPETENCIA De ALTITUD] Tener como sólo característica incitativa ser en top5 ascensiones más altas totalmente revestidas de su país o de su cadena de montaña y encontrarse confrontada con el nacimiento reciente de top1 del mismo tipo.
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes in Spain   Possible changes in Spain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible changes in Spain
Page 1 of 1