Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liguria

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

Liguria Empty
PostSubject: Liguria   Liguria Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Our member Gabriele Brunetti, author of the Ediciclo book about Liguria, has written us many times about Liguria. He finds that there are too much climbs from Lilan - San remo and too less beautiful and high climbs. He wrote : "Over the last months I had to dedicate my free time at home to complete my second book on the climbs of Liguria. The second book is dedicated to Ponente (Genova and Savona districts).

I described 62 big climbs with profile and text and other 80 secondary climbs with only data The book is expected to be available in bookshop next April.

During the weekends in Liguria I made beautiful climbs. This weekend I made Passo Teglia (m 1387) from Valle Argentina. It is simply superb and also difficult (950 m gradient in 11,2 km ).

One month ago I made Colle d’Oggia (m 1190 m) from Dolcedo (Imperia). The nice discovery is that you can go west on Aurelia of Capi (Mele, Cervo and Berta) and come back in the area of Albenga through the passes (Passo Teglia or Colle d’Oggia that are both linked to Colle San Bartolomeo (m 620 m) and Colle Ginestro (684 m) and then Albenga or Alassio.

The above introduction is to tell you that in my opinion the current BIG for Alpi Liguri is very unsatisfactory. The fact that the rea is DZ is not important as the BIG curently lists climbs that for the cyclists of the zone (as I am) are of minor importance.

In the current list there are three climbs of Milano Sanremo (two are are made in less than 10 minutes, on in less than 20 minutes) while Garezzo needs the use of MTB with 28” tyres.

The last is Melogno that is OK.

I understand that Berta, Cipressa e Poggio are included as they are in Milano-Sanremo which many BIG members have done. Every cyclist in Europe know these climbs but probably do not know that there are climbs of 20 km or more with impressive gradients which can be achieved 10-11 months of the year.

Please find a brief list as follows:

1. Monte Saccarello-Cima del Redentore (2164 m ) last 8 km dirty road ( I will try with race bike soon) (the gradient from Pieve di Teco is 2020 m!!)

2. Colla Sanson (1696 The last 3 km requires MTB)

3. Colletta delle Salse (1627 m)

4. Colla Melosa (1540 m)

5. Monte Ceppo (1500 m)

6. Passo Teglia (1387)

7.Monte Bignone (1299 m)

8. Passo Gouta (1213 m)

9. Colla d’Oggia (1190 m)
"
Your opinion ?
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
cyclodocus

cyclodocus

Liguria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liguria   Liguria Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:53 pm

daniel gobert wrote:

1. Monte Saccarello-Cima del Redentore (2164 m ) last 8 km dirty road ( I will try with race bike soon) (the gradient from Pieve di Teco is 2020 m!!)

face nord est assez cyclable jusque vers 2100, plus dur après
face sud via la baisse de sanson

Quote :
2. Colla Sanson (1696 The last 3 km requires MTB)

à faire coté italien : plus aérien

Quote :
3. Colletta delle Salse (1627 m)

Quote :
4. Colla Melosa (1540 m)

très beau l'automne, long mais régulier

Quote :
5. Monte Ceppo (1500 m)

Quote :
6. Passo Teglia (1387)

laisse peu de souvenir

Quote :
7.Monte Bignone (1299 m)

Quote :
8. Passo Gouta (1213 m)

Gola di Guta pas mal, surtout par ses faces nord ou sud est qui se rejoignent à colle langan (entrer dans l'auberge, ancien haut lieu du rallye de San remo)

Quote :
9. Colla d’Oggia (1190 m)"
bof
Back to top Go down

Liguria
Page 1 of 1