Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Change 2009 - CH5 Montefiascone - MonteLupone

Go down 
2 posters

Montefiascone --> Montelupone
yes - oui
Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Poll_left83%Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Poll_right
 83% [ 5 ]
no - non
Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Poll_left17%Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Poll_right
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Empty
PostSubject: Change 2009 - CH5 Montefiascone - MonteLupone   Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Dangerous road from Viterbo to Montefiascone, heavy traffic on narrow road.
Montelupone now in Tirreno-Adriaticco

La route Viterbo - Montefiascone est étroite et rendue dangereuse par le trafic routier.
Montelupone désormais dans Tirreno-Adriaticco

Last edited by Etienne Mayeur on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

PostSubject: Re: Change 2009 - CH5 Montefiascone - MonteLupone   Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am

I always had doubts on Montefiascone. Now I have a clear position after I went there last summer.
The road from Viterbo is not to be recommended to cyclists until the crossroad to Montefiascone due to heavy traffic.

Then the road (especially that from the lake) is quiet but the climb is too easy and not a number one in scenery. Several climbs in Tuscany are better.

Roughly Montefiascone is not in the first 3000 thousands climbs in Italy for difficulty. It is to be changed in favour of a new star.

Montelupone is fine to me. It is in a beautiful region (Marche).
The only concern is that the difficult side is one way and you are not allowed to go up. This is to be checked in the next days asking to Italian guys who went there

Gabriele
Back to top Go down
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

PostSubject: Muro di Montelupone   Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I collected information on the muro di Montelupone.

It is 1,6 km with an average gradient of 13,1% and one passage of 18% after 500 m and two passage of 21% at 1,2 km and one near the end.

There is one problem. There is crossroad at about 200- 300 m from the end of the climb, and from this point the road becomes one way (vehicles are allowed to go down).
You can reach the Piazza del Comune via another road but you skip the second 21% (and probably more) peak.

Despite this problem I am in favour to substitute Montefiascone with the Muro di Montelupone which is included in the list "The most beautiful villages of Italy".

Montelupone was the arrival of two successful stages of Tirreno-Adriatico in 2008 and 2009.

Gabriele

Gabriele
Back to top Go down
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

PostSubject: News from Dominique Jacquemin   Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:50 pm

En venant du Lac de Bolsena, il n' y a aucun danger de trafic et l'ascension en vaut la peine --> suppression du versant via la route de Viterbo

From Bolsena Lake, there is no traffic, climb and scenery are great
--> may be delete the Viterbo road side
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change 2009 - CH5 Montefiascone - MonteLupone   Change 2009 - CH5  Montefiascone - MonteLupone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change 2009 - CH5 Montefiascone - MonteLupone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: changes 2009-1-
Jump to: