Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona

Go down 
2 posters

Monasterio de Obona
no - non
Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Poll_left0%Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
yes by Piedratecha - oui par Piedratecha
Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Poll_left100%Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Poll_right
 100% [ 6 ]
yes by Puerto de Tarna - Oui par Puerto de Tarna
Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Poll_left0%Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
yes by Pico de Aguion - Oui par Pico de Aguion
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Empty
PostSubject: Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona   Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Monasterio de Obona should be in the middle of the Alto de Piedratecha

Le Monastère d'Obona serait au mileu de l'ascension de l'Alto de Piedratecha (une route parallèle qui arriverait à une altitude similaire)

news from Wim Van Els :
"When I climbed to Obanas I first past Alto de Piedratecha (see my picture on the site) and after a few km down I came in Obonas. There is a sign to go to some church, I followed that sign and again I had to go down and saw a church. Later that day I was told at a local office for tourism that it was the Monestario the Obenas but in Obonas they use another name. But I didn't know that when I was cycling so I went up several small streets, one of them even a bit higher than the Piedratecha.
I believe there is a picture of the monestario on the site"
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream
KevinSpeed

PostSubject: Obona   Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 am

Obona is in a valley and off on a side road to the monastery as Wim rightly says. the top is some distance before it on the road from the north on a route from Tineo. It's that point that should be the road summit. Not sure now if that is Alto de Piedratecha. Check my write up on the website for 2007!
Kevin

Obona est dans une vallée et à l'extérieur sur une route secondaire au monastère comme Wim dit à juste titre. le haut est une certaine distance devant lui sur la route du nord sur le chemin de Tineo. C'est ce point qui devrait être le sommet de la route. Ne sais pas maintenant si cela est Alto de Piedratecha. Check my rédiger sur le site pour 2007!
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

PostSubject: News from Wim van Els   Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 am

Nr. 388 Obona / Piedracheta

At the east side you can climb from the village Tineo, but that is not yet the lowest point.

It is on the Camino de Santiago “Primitivo” and there is a well known monasterio. There are bigs which are less interesting.

But I can imagine that the suggested climbs are more spectacular. It is up to the committee to decide whether that is enough for a change.
Back to top Go down
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

PostSubject: Information from Luis Miguel Sainz Peña   Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 am

Obona. Tarna -> for sure not! The 30km road between the top of 397 (San isidro) and Tarna, is quite uninteresting. By the way: the Pass is not Tarna. The road continues climbing until around 1625m, Puerto de las Señales. And Tarna it is very far from the BIGs 387 and 389, so wrong number. Pico de Aguión -> Not so interesting. In my opinion there are a lot of similar roads in Asturias. Piedratecha -> I think that this is a small one.
I mean, the most interesting climbs in Asturias are here: http://www.altimetrias.net/cima/ASTURIAS.htm and their situation is here: http://www.altimetrias.net/cima/mapas/asturias.htm I think there is a good chance of finding a much better climb, but this requires a few time for analyse (not much). We know many peolple who claimbed all these passes and just have to ask them about landscape, interest in the area,...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona   Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change 2009 - CH2 Monasterio de Obona
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Challenge B.I.G - Forum :: changes 2009-1-
Jump to: