Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final dates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Final dates   Final dates Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Dear All,

thank you to all of you from abroad and from Italy who showed interest in Crossroad Liguria 2009.

I am glad to inform you that the Crossroad will take place in the week ending Sunday 13 September.

This date offers the best compromise in term of BIG participation, quiet location after end of summer (high-season ends sep 06) and warm but not hot weather (swim is still a pleasure).

Varazze is an nice seaside resort with a new beatiful marina (see Marina di Varazze in Internet) and the wild natural mountain park at 5 km from the sea

My goal is to have the participation of:

Mauro Repetti (italian BIG delegate and local organizer), Luigi Candeli (Italian BIG delegate) e Alberto Ferraris (local organizer) will be present

The first 10 italian guys in the BIG rank (from the leader 338-BIG Jules Dejace to...)

The first 3 guys of the absolute rank (from the current leader Etienne Mayeur who already accepted the invitation to be in Varazze to..Alain Jacquemin)

The greatest number of participants from abroad aiming to have at least a BIG member from each registered country (Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Switzerland etc)

In addition of the BIG-event climb (Monte Beigua on saturday morning) we will organise 1 official dinner and 1 aperitif.

There are plenty of options for hotels and restaurants
Official prices for average accomodation in a seaside hotel (with good restaurant) are:
42 euro (half board) including beverage in a double room

Cheaper accomodation are also possible.

I look forward to welcoming you in Varazze

Gabriele
Back to top Go down

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final dates   Final dates Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Gabrielle,

Fantastic choice of dates for me. I will be there at least 12 and 13 th and more job permitting.

I am looking forward joining Liguria.

Thank you for this organisation
Regards

François Candau
One of the BIG France Managers
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final dates   Final dates Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello

I don't know what I am doing, but I missed this news. Great that Etienne Mayeur give me a link to it Smile

Her'es what I have written in the other thread:
Jean Gangolf wrote:
Hello friends

I heard through the grapevine that the date for this meeting is standing: week-end of september 13th??

A few things I am asking you:

1.) Can you confirm this date?
2.) We (my wife and I, eventually 2 sons) would like then to pass a whole week (7-13) in the area.

Could anyone give me some help in finding a "decent" overnight stay?

Mille Gracie Very Happy

So, if anyone in the place can forward me the Hotel adress, I will be happy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gangolf.eu
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Organisation details   Final dates Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:59 pm

Hello Jean,

It is a great decision for the place, the season and the event !

I am pleased to have a BIG representative from Luxembourg !
Good that you bring your wife and the children ! There are plenty of things to do or simply stay on the beach!

There is no hurry for hotel booking as I am very familiar with the place since I go there for the last 20 years. There are plenty of different hotels. I need to know which type of accomodation you look for. There is hotel Doria which is simple, clean, good location 50 m from the sea, in the old pedestrian village ("borgo") and relatively cheap.
An alternative is the more elegant Coccodrillo which is a 3star hotel with swimming pool.

At present most participants will arrive on Friday for difficulty to have long vacation in september, so the full program will be exploited by few cyclists.

Best participation is for the essential program. Briefly, Friday afternoon the tough Bocchetta (the oldest natural pass to Genova), Saturday morning the Monte Beigua (from the sea to 1300 m in 18 km) with different starting (arrival on top is scheduled at about 11 am).
Colle del Melogno in the afternoon.
Passo del Faiallo on Sunday morning.

Gabriele
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final dates   Final dates Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:57 am

Hello Gabriele

gbrunetti wrote:
Good that you bring your wife and the children !
Wife is Ok, if we come. Children???? Youngest is 18... Wink

gbrunetti wrote:
...I need to know which type of accomodation you look for.
Very simple: Luxury class, but for free Wink A "chalet" or little house would be an option too...
Tell me, is there an tourist info about there?? I'll have a look myself to find it, and try to have a look to both of the named hotels.

gbrunetti wrote:
At present most participants will arrive on Friday for difficulty to have long vacation in september, so the full program will be exploited by few cyclists.
For us, it is the last vacation week... But doing the whole program, probably not Wink

PS. We'll try to refresh our Italian language... Last stay in Italy was in 2002, South Tyrol (German speaking). Before I was for one day in Milano, 2000. Pretty difficult to find my way from Brescia to Milano-Feria Wink But I did it! Talking franchese, tedesco, and english...
Back to top Go down
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Information on Varazze & Riviera   Final dates Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Please find a list of useful websites:

http://www.inforiviera.it/V2/index.cfm

http://www.turismoinliguria.it/lirgw/turismo/ep/preHome.do

Information on Hotel & other accomodations
Varazze
Corso Matteotti 56
019 935043 - fax 019 935916
varazze@inforiviera.it
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final dates   Final dates Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:39 am

gbrunetti wrote:
Please find a list of useful websites:...
Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final dates   Final dates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final dates
Page 1 of 1