Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria

Go down 
+7
eyeless
gbrunetti
Hochuli
Mauro
Richard
Etienne Mayeur
daniel gobert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Empty
PostSubject: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:05 pm

G.Brunetti suggests with two of his friends the 2nd crossroad in Liguria. Let's read what he wrote to us. Please answer to this topic by telling him the dates which seem suitable for you.

"As I anticipated at the Meeting In Valais, I wish to organise an unofficial meeting in Liguria (Varazze) next year in the period from the 2° weekend of September and the 3° weekend of October.

I think it will be a great occasion to visit a very attractive area of Italy with the opportunity to make 4 very nice BIGs without moving the car. Other 7 (748-51, 686-7, 757) can be approached by car.
Considering the place and the usual warm climate it may be an occasion to bring the family.
Out of season prices are affordable and there is a wide offer including low price accomodation.

I am sure that also Italian members (living in the Milano and Torino area) will be interested to join even if they already know Liguria.

I think that the next step is to find a date (break school holiday) which is suitable for most coming from the north.

Ciao
Gabriele Brunetti"

Last edited by daniel gobert on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:13 pm

G.Brunetti suggère avec deux de ses amis un carrefour en Ligurie, le 2e carrefour de la vie du BIG.
Lisons ensemble ce qu'il nous écrit et svp, répondez à ce topic si vous êtes intéressés en indiquant les dates d'automne qui vous conviennent.

"Comme j'en avais parlé à l'avance dans le Valais, je voudrais organiser un carrefour en Ligurie ( à Varazze) l'an prochain (2009) en automne, période entre le 2e week-end de septembre et le 3e week-end d'octobre.

C'est une magnifique occasion de grimper 4 BIGs sans bouger la voiture dans une des plus belles régions de l'Italie. 7 autres (748-51, 686-7, 757) peuvent être grimpés avec un court déplacement en voiture. Vu la région et la beauté de l'endroit, on peut y emmener sa famille.

Hors saison, les prix sont très abordables.

Je suis certain que les autres membre italiens (vivant à Milan ou Turin) seront intéressés de nous rejoindre dans la belle Ligurie.

Je pense que le meilleur serait de trouver une date (congés scolaires ?) qui permettraient aux gens du nord de nous rejoindre.

Ciao
Gabriele Brunetti"

Last edited by daniel gobert on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
Etienne Mayeur

Etienne Mayeur

PostSubject: Preferences E. Mayeur   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:09 am

Just for me, best dates are between 11 sept and 18 sept and between 16 oct and 15 nov.
First school break holidays in Belgium are from 1 Nov to 8 Nov 2009.

Personnellement je préférerais entre le 11 et le 18 septembre ou entre le 16 octobre et le 15 novembre.
A noter qu'en Belgique les premiers congés scolaires 2009-2010 sont prévus entre le 1 novembre et le 8 novembre 2009.

alien

Last edited by Etienne Mayeur on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://users.skynet.be/bicycledream
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Splendid idea, but ..... what a pitty: in the period 9 - 15 Novembre 2008, so last week, I just visited this part of Liguria. Due to a illness in the last 8 months and without cycling, I wished to recover a little bit. So I went to the Riviera dei Fiori and it's lovely Via Aurelia. It's a beuatiful countryside with lots of climbing possibilities! And this Novembre the temperature was quiet nice, however there were periods with fog on 800 m in altitude.
I could reach all the BIG's in the area up to Genova, however th Colle Garezzo was closed because of snowfall.
Because I still work as a freelance journalist f.e. for the Dutch cycling magazine FIETS (www.fiets.nl) my article "Stand Impéria" will be published in March 2009. That's precisely in the month that the famous Milano-San Remo will take place.

Richard van Ameijden
BIG 144
Back to top Go down
Mauro

PostSubject: liguria 2009   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:00 pm

merveilleuse ......mais impossible aujourd'hui de décider le jours....... aujourd'huy je ne sais pas ce que je vais faire le week-end prochain, comment puis-je deciere de Septembre 2009? impossible! .....
Je vais faire tout le possible pour venir ....mais

beautiful .......but impossible today to decide what time ....... I dont know what I will do next weekend, how can I decide what to do in September 2009? impossible! ......
I'll still possible to come ....but

Mauro Repetti
n 718
Back to top Go down
Hochuli

Hochuli

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Bonne idée...
sunny
Pour moi les dates idéales seraient du 19 au 21 septembre... ou du 2 au 17 octobre 2009.
cheers
A VOIR...

Last edited by Hochuli on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

PostSubject: Liguria 2009 Autumn   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Thanks to all members who have expressed their interest in this meeting.

I would be pleased to host cyclists coming from abroad and from Italy.

There are many reasons to come to Liguria: the combination between the mountains and the sea is magic as well as the mythic coastal road (Aurelia) which connects the foot of the climbs.
The major BIG event could be to climb the Monte Beigua all together on one of the two days of the weekend.

Those who are interest to come to Varazze (30 km west from Genova) should send a message of interest in this forum and indicate the period in which they have problems to come.

I will be pleased to provide any details for the crossroad organisation.

I will announce soon the other two Italian members who will help in the organisation.

Gabriele
Back to top Go down
eyeless

eyeless

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:58 pm

I am interested but do not know if I can get away from work during this period -- maybe over a little extended weekend, maybe... . /Jerry
Back to top Go down
http://cycloclimbing.com
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 am

I try to give here the links of the climbs:
These are the targets ?
http://www.challenge-big.eu/list/753-.htm Monte Beigua

http://www.challenge-big.eu/list/754.htm Passo del Faiallo

http://www.challenge-big.eu/list/755-.htm Passo della Bocchetta

Which is the fourth one: http://www.challenge-big.eu/list/752-.htm#
Passo Melogno ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gyorgyigabor.hu
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

PostSubject: Crossroad Liguria 2009   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Dear Gabor,

You are correct. The 4 th BIG is Melogno which is 30 km far from Varazze, the location of the meeting. It is highly recommended to run over this very beautiful road (Aurelia - the famous road of Milano-Sanremo) except the 7 km crossing Savona.

Bocchetta is 40 km far from Varazze (the first 18 km to Voltri are magic, the other 22 in the neighbourn of the town of Genova are bad) and it is a 5-hr tour. For those who are time constraint, the car is recommended.

Faiallo starts from Voltri and it includes the climb to Passo del Turchino (the Appennine pass made by Milano- Sanremo) at about half the 21 km climb. It is long and very very scenic - cycling with the sea 1000 m under you foot!

Monte Beigua starts from Varazze - It is the all together event on Saturday morning.

Other 7 BIG can be reached by max 2 hr car driving.

All details and the tentative plan of the Crossroad will be presented in the Review 2009.

Gabriele
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:27 am

Hi gabriele,

I am interested by the meeting in Liguria but I will have to wait the dates you choose to know if and how i will be able to join. My favourite period is september rather than october

Regards
François Candau
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am

Hello and good morning Smile

I only remembered that there is a BIG Forum, after reading the new Revue... Shame on me Wink
gbrunetti wrote:
There are many reasons to come to Liguria: the combination between the mountains and the sea is magic...
We (family) did read about this purpose of a meeting in the Revue. Since this is a part of the world, where I would like to be one day, this sounds a great idea.
Absolutely no definitive confirmation, but if we could come, it would be at last the second week of September Since my son Joel (BIGger too) would like to be there. His school will start again at September 15th.

But please don't take this as a reference, just as one more indication to a possible date...

Ciao Smile

Jean Gangolf
Steinheim - Luxembourg
Back to top Go down
http://www.gangolf.eu
gbrunetti

gbrunetti

PostSubject: Liguria 2009 Likely dates   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:52 am

Dear Francois
Dear Jean,

thank you for your interest in the Crossroad. We will be pleased to welcome participants from abroad. At present the candidate weekends are 13-14 sep (and the days before) and 17-18 Oct.
Final decision will be taken in april also according to the availability of those interested to participate.
Every saturday morning I look from the seaside the mountain Beigua (the top was covered of snow on the last month) and I imagine the great Saturday morning of the BIG climb with different starting time to make the arrival all together at the top.
Ciao

Gabriele
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 am

OK Gabriele, we wait for the choice of dates in April which will be the critical decision for the participation of many of us, I think.

Thank you
François
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm

I agree to François Smile
Back to top Go down
waltergielen

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I would like also very much to come to Liguria in sept. or oct. 2009.
Hope there will be other Belgian companions to join, so we can travel together...

Hope to see you soon

Walter Gielen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:56 am

Now I really look forward being in April to know if I could be able to come or cancel my 50 years birthday in September.
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:40 am

Hello friends

I heard through the grapevine that the date for this meeting is standing: week-end of september 13th??

A few things I am asking you:

1.) Can you confirm this date?
2.) We (my wife and I, eventually 2 sons) would like then to pass a whole week (7-13) in the area.

Could anyone give me some help in finding a "decent" overnight stay?

Mille Gracie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jean Gangolf

Jean Gangolf

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Hello dear friends

I have bad news. We have decided, that we won't come to the meeting... Too much work to do at home (in vacation), and not enough time...
Sad
Back to top Go down
eyeless

eyeless

PostSubject: Cell phone number Gabriele or Mauro?   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:40 pm

If you have this, please e-mail me at eyeless [at] eyelessingaza.com
Back to top Go down
http://cycloclimbing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria   Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting CROSSROAD 2 in Liguria
Page 1 of 1