Challenge B.I.G - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge B.I.G - Forum

1.000 cycling climbs/ascensions cyclistes

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BIGs en Roumanie

Go down 
+3
gigi_nic
han
daniel gobert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Arnaud Decostre, de retour de Roumanie, témoigne :
"parti en Roumanie pour trois semaines, sans le vélo. avons bien profité visites et monté quelques big en voiture.
Voici des nouvelles des big Roumains.

Rarau, fermé aux voitures sur le versant nord depuis Campulung. Pas vu l'état de la routes mais il semble que ce soit pire que quand nous y sommes passés. Versant sud en état bien pire qu'il y a trois ans.
Passage limite en voiture, la route s'est très fortement dégradée.
Parsonellement pour moi ça reste un très bon big malgré piste infernale.

Prislop, rien de nouveau, les trous anciens ont été réparés, les nouveaux n'ont rien à leur envier.

Ciumirna, rien de nouveau... toujours aussi bien.

Tihuta, devenu une voie rapide. La route a été refaite et considérablement élargie. C'est maintenant une grosse nationale en bon état. Les voitures roulent très vite et la route les invite à aller encore plus vite. Pour moi, vu traffic et vitesse ce big a perdu beaucoup d'intérêt. Contant de l'avoir déja "fait".

Nous n'avons revu que ces bigs là, mais j'ai d'autres infos.

Predeal, toujours aussi infame, un big à supprimer au plus vite à mon sens. Pas de pentes intéressante, pas de top touristique, juste une montée sur une très grand route rapide qui relie Bucuresti à Brasov.
Toujours aussi dangeureuse. Pour moi on peut jeter! d'autant plus qu'il fait double emplois avec Bran et Bratocea

Pour remplacer Predeal, il y a un massif que nous avons découvert et qui est complètement ignoré du Big. Les Monts Apuseni à l'est de Cluj-Napoca. Il faudrait chercher un peu, j'ai une carte au 1:300 000 du pays qui va y aider. Massif karstique splendide. Sommes monté au plateau de Panis... j'adore et j'aimerais comme big, mais la route est une piste (relativement roulante malgré tout)... à voir."
Back to top Go down
https://big-forum.forumotion.com
han

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: hello   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Hello Mr. Daniel, hi from Romania.
Back to top Go down
http://www.horianitu.ro
gigi_nic

gigi_nic

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: BIGs in Eastern Europe - Claudiu Moga   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 am

On behalf of my friend Claudiu Moga:

I really agree with Gabor Gyorgyi, he explained everything very clearly.
I think the BIG members from eastern countries, we deserve more BIGs. in Romania there is the highest modernized road and pass from all the Balkan Peninsula (Urdele Pass 2145m) ( there are only a few km to modernize on this very scenic and interesting road from the Parang Mountains - Middle Charpatians. We also have many passes and climbs over 1500m and I know the toughest modernized climb in our country has an average gradient of 10% for 3 km and a maximum gradient of 20%. So it really deserves to enter the BIG list. I also think Romania should have at least 20 BIGs, considering the mountains we have, also Hungary should have at least 10 BIGs for it has many active BIG members but unfortunatelly not so high mountains, Slovakia in my opinion deserve to have at least 10 BIGs, Bulgaria at least 10, Slovenia deserves 10, too.
So please allow us to have more BIGs.

On my behalf, I'd like to add that even if now the easten countries are less modernized (regarding the roads) things are changing and it would be very much desirable to find a way to change certain things.
If the total number of BIGS is fixed to 1000, that change would mean the possibility to "move" a certain number of BIGs from a region to another.
I know it's not at all an easy task, but let's start with the beginning: establish very accurate rules to be obeyed in deciding how the BIGS are selected from the various climbs. If precise rules can be established, that would be no problem to "reshape" the european map of the BIGs.
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am

Hi, I understand very well your request.
A long topic talked about it here : https://big-forum.forumotion.com/big-challenge-f26/superlist-s-future-avenir-superliste-t363.htm
You can add your polls in the suggested polls at the end of this topic. It will help us to have some idea about the question.
All the 1000 bigs in the new coming website will have a cotation giving them a kind of "value", touristic, mediatic and sport criterias having been analyzed and counted.
A very long debate begins about it but let's give the time to the committee and please take part in this debate. We are open but we don't want to change everything in all senses.
Some suggestions came from Hungary with the use of the free zone12 partly and with some transfer from some zones but the whole challenge must keep its general idea and its proper way.
Regards and long life to the romanian bigs.
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 am

Other suggestion (can be mixed with the challenge in the future, nobody knows BIGs en Roumanie Icon_question ). Why not , to begin, to create national challenges of the best climbs like already done with the "mounts of France" (linked to the challenge since 20 years) ?BIGs en Roumanie Icon_sunny
The challenge big, through its news and through its newsletters/reviews could promote those kinds of cycloclimbing national challenges.
Why not a list of the best 100 romanian climbs ?BIGs en Roumanie Icon_arrow
Back to top Go down
daniel gobert
Admin
daniel gobert

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:36 pm

What would be the best 10 romanian missing climbs inside our current superlist ?
Tell us (it would be interesting) !
Back to top Go down
michalk

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:53 am

I have just got a message that Passo Urdele has been very recently asphalted. It looks that road modernization was done but the road seems to be prepared only for very local traffic:

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/35953209.jpg

I have no idea if both sides have been surfaced or just only one. Anyway, it became by this fact the highest and the most difficult asphalted climb in Romania. Something must be replaced by this road in the list of 1000 to keep it actual. The old (gravel) road was very picturesque with a lot of natural scenic spots.
Back to top Go down
Nebhotep

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for BIGs in Romania   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Hello,
Here are my suggestions for the cols that should be present in Challenge BIG for Romania:
-Pasul Balea(2038m)
-Pasul Urdele(2145m)
-Pasul Tartarau(1665m)
-Pasul Groapa Seaca(1575m)
-Curmatura Vidrutei(1571m)
-Pasul Bran(1290m)
-Pasul Predeal(1033m)
-Poiana Brasov(1209m)
-Pasul Bucin(1287m)
-Pasul Setref(825m)
-Pasul Tihuta(1200m)
-Pasul Bicaz(1256m)
-Pasul Vlahita(985m)
-Pasul Rarau(1464m)
-Pasul Mestecanis(1096m)
-Pasul Ciumarna(1109m)
-Pasul Pascanu(1040m)
-Pasul Prislop(1416m)
-Paltinis(1442m)
-Pasul Bratocea(1263m)
-Paraul Rece(1120m)
-Lacul Sf.Ana(1118m)
-Stana de Vale(1209m)
The ones in bold are already included in the list.
Back to top Go down
joostov

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Nebhotep wrote:
Hello,
Here are my suggestions for the cols that should be present in Challenge BIG for Romania:
-Pasul Balea(2038m)
-Pasul Urdele(2145m)
-Pasul Tartarau(1665m)
-Pasul Groapa Seaca(1575m)
-Curmatura Vidrutei(1571m)
-Pasul Bran(1290m)
-Pasul Predeal(1033m)
-Poiana Brasov(1209m)
-Pasul Bucin(1287m)
-Pasul Setref(825m)
-Pasul Tihuta(1200m)
-Pasul Bicaz(1256m)
-Pasul Vlahita(985m)
-Pasul Rarau(1464m)
-Pasul Mestecanis(1096m)
-Pasul Ciumarna(1109m)
-Pasul Pascanu(1040m)
-Pasul Prislop(1416m)
-Paltinis(1442m)
-Pasul Bratocea(1263m)
-Paraul Rece(1120m)
-Lacul Sf.Ana(1118m)
-Stana de Vale(1209m)
The ones in bold are already included in the list.
Another addition to this list (for the national Challenge Romania) is the newly  asphalted road to Piatra Arsa in Bucegi Mountains. The asphalted section ends a bit abrupt (http://goo.gl/maps/nF2m5 ), but with a height of 1920m and 1125hm from Sinaia, this might be de 3rd hardest climb in Romania after Transalpina (Urdele) and Transfaragasan (Balea).
Details: http://veloviewer.com/segments/2483909
Back to top Go down
gigi_nic

gigi_nic

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Also newly asphalted road: climb to Ciocanu village, thru the Dimbovicioara gorges (from 730 to 1240m alt.in the nearby of Pasul Rucar-Bran).
Back to top Go down
cobranco

cobranco

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Southern-Karpaty 2015. TRAILER /Romania/

8 days in top of easten-Europe with bicycle
This trailer from touring bicycling of Karpaty.
Full films coming soon.
Back to top Go down
http://cobranco.atw.hu/
Sponsored content

BIGs en Roumanie Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIGs en Roumanie   BIGs en Roumanie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIGs en Roumanie
Page 1 of 1